'Pastoral care is an absolute stength of the School.'
- The Good Schools' Guide 2014
Concern for the well-being and happiness of each pupil is at the centre of who we are as a School.
The Mount's Pastoral Care policy aims to:
1. Enable each pupil to fulfil their own potential both academically and socially.
2. Ensure that each pupil has access to personal, vocational and academic guidance and support where necessary.
3. Provide opportunity for and encourage pupils to exercise individual and social responsibility.
4. Promote in pupils the self-awareness and self-confidence that they need to face the challenges, both academic and personal, that are placed on them.
5. Establish and maintain an appropriate relationship with every parent so that together, we can help to prepare the pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
6. Create a caring environment where pupils are valued for who they are and not just for what they can do.
If you have any queries about Pastoral Care at The Mount, please contact +44 (0)1904 667500 and ask for Laura Rudd regarding the Senior School or Rachel Capper regarding the Junior School. The Mount's designated Safeguarding Officers are Bridget Perks in the Senior School and Rachel Capper in the Junior School.